Locations: Adamstown YMCA, Mifflin Area YMCA, Reading YMCA, Sinking Spring Family YMCA, Tri Valley YMCA
1st– 6th grade: December 6, 2021-February 11, 2022 (Games will begin the week of 1/3/21)
4 year olds & Kindergarten (4K): January 3, 2022-February 11, 2022
Registration Deadline: Sunday, November 7, 2021
4K—YMCA Member $50.00 Non-Member $60.00
1st-6th— YMCA Member $65.00 Non-Member $90.00
**a $30 late fee will be added to any registrations received after Sunday, November 7, 2021.**
- Masks are NOT required at this time for participants or spectators.
- Masks are required for all YMCA staff.
- If your child is ill, PLEASE do not send them to practice or games.
- If your child or anyone else in your household tests positive for COVID-19, please inform the YMCA as soon as possible.
- To encourage social distancing and limit the number of people in our facilities, we will only allow ONE adult spectator for games and practices, per child.
- The YMCA reserves the right to change our COVID-19 policies at any time. We will NOT grant refunds or credits on program fees due to changes in our policies.
The YMCA relies strictly on volunteers to coach and referee youth sports programs. Without your help, our kids will not have the opportunity to learn the importance of teamwork, the basics of basketball and how to gain confidence. This program will NOT run if we don’t have enough volunteers. If you are able to help coach, assist or referee, please indicate such during this registration process.
Financial Assistance: Thanks to our generous donors, we provide financial assistance for memberships, programs and childcare giving everyone the chance to grow and thrive. To apply for financial assistance for youth basketball, complete our application HERE.
Parent packets will be EMAILED by the end of the day Monday, November 29th. Packets include practice schedules, coach information, and team roster.
1st-6th graders practice ONE night a week, Monday-Thursday. If you have a night that you know will prevent you from attending a practice, it should be specified when asked during the registration process. Only one night will be honored as a hardship night. Please mark the day that will NOT work for you. Practice nights will not be determined until teams are formed.
For additional questions, please call your YMCA branch.
Travel Team (Tri Valley YMCA ONLY):
At the 5th and 6th grade level for both boys and girls, the Tri Valley YMCA offers the option to try out for our TRAVEL TEAM! This is in an effort to make the competition levels more equal across opponents. If you are not selected for the travel team you will be placed on a rec team. If you are selected for the travel team there is an additional fee of $90 that must be paid after selections have been made.
Evaluations nights are listed below. You must attend the session below if your child is interested in being a player on our travel team.
5th and 6th grade girls: November 16th 6-7pm
5th grade boys: November 17th 6-7pm
6th grade boys: November 17th 7:15-8:15pm