Vice President – Community Engagement for Penske Transportation Solutions
Breakfast of Champions for Youth
Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Breakfast begins at 7:00 AM | Program begins at 7:30 AM
DoubleTree by Hilton Reading
You’ve heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day, now get ready for the most important meal of the year! Please join us as we celebrate our 2023 Champion for Youth, Michael Duff, Vice President – Community Engagement for Penske Transportation Solutions.
ABOUT MIKE DUFF
Mike Duff is Vice President—Community Engagement for Penske Transportation Solutions, the umbrella brand for Penske Truck Leasing, Penske Logistics, Epes Transport Systems, Black Horse Carriers, Penske Vehicle Services, and related businesses that provide innovative transportation, supply chain and technology solutions to keep the world moving forward. He joined the Penske Legal Department in 1991 and served as the company’s General Counsel from April 2001 until February 2015, and as its Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Vice President of Government Relations from February 2015 until April 2021. Before joining the Penske Legal Department, Mike was an associate with the Venable LLP law firm in Baltimore from 1985 to 1991. He is a graduate of The Johns Hopkins University and the University of Baltimore School of Law. Mike is a member of the bars of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mike served as Chair of the Board of Directors of the United Way of Berks County (UWBC) from January 2016 to January 2018. Mike and his wife Diane served as Co-Chairs of UWBC’s 2011 Campaign, which raised over $9 million to fund programs in UWBC’s target areas of education, health, income, and safety net services. Mike and Diane also served as Co-Chairs of UWBC’s Tocqueville Society in 2013 and 2014. They served as Co-Chairs of the Berks Deanery for the 2014 Bishop’s Annual Appeal for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Allentown. From 2018 to 2021, they served as Co-Chairs of Caron’s Central Pennsylvania Advisory Committee. Mike served as Chair of the Board of the John Paul II Center for Special Learning from 2020 to 2022. In 2018, Mike served as Chair of the Board of the Truck Renting and Leasing Association.
Mike and Diane have been recognized by a number of nonprofits for their service to the community and philanthropy, including:
- In 2015, the Association of Fundraising Professionals Berks Regional Chapter named Mike and Diane “Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser”
- In 2018, Mike and Diane received the Wilbur H. Doran Award, the United Way of Berks County’s top volunteer award
- In 2019, Mike and Diane received the Halo Award from the John Paul II Center for Special Learning
- In 2019, Mike and Diane received the Sidney D. Kline, Jr. Award for Outstanding Community Service from the Law Foundation of Berks County
- In 2021, Mike and Diane received the “Spirit of Reading Award” from the Salvation Army of Reading
- In 2021, Mike and Diane received the “Spirit of Giving Award” from Clare of Assisi House
Mike currently serves on the Boards of a number of non-profit organizations, including:
- The Reading Symphony Orchestra, where he serves as Board President
- The Greater Reading Chamber and Economic Development Corporation, where he serves as Secretary
- The Greater Berks Development Fund, where he serves as Secretary
- Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center, where he serves as Vice Chair
- Alvernia University, where he serves as Vice Chair
- United Way of Berks County
- Caron, where he serves as Chair of its Greater Pennsylvania Advisory Board and as an ex officio member of the Caron Board
Mike heads the Lector ministry at St. Ignatius Loyola Parish and serves on the Parish Finance Committee. He also serves on the Audit and Compliance and Finance Committees for the Penn State Health Board of Directors. He is a member of the Capital Campaign Review Board of Berks County. In 2014, he served as President of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Mike and Diane were married in August 1984 and have resided in Lower Heidelberg Township since 1991. They have two adult sons—Alex (Philadelphia) and Steven (Charlotte, North Carolina).