Summer Playground Program
Summer Playground at the Y share one thing: they’re about discovery. Children have the opportunity to create new memories and friendships, explore nature, and gain independence all while trying new, fun activities!
5 REASONS WHY CHILDREN SHOULD EXPERIENCE YMCA PLAYGROUND
1) Adventure – YMCA has new adventures for everyone.
2) Experiences – Explore the outdoors, new friendships and leadership.
3) Memories – Summer Playground is an unforgettable experience that creates lifelong memories.
4) Friendships – Friendship’s form amidst the fun of games and swimming.
5) Personal Growth – Learn new responsibilities and challenges.
- To provide a memorable, educational, enjoyable, and enriching experience for youth.
- To help children grow mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To help children develop good character.
- To help children gain an appreciation of nature.
- To help our staff develop and refine leadership skills.
CLARIFICATION OF GOALS
The above goals align with the goal of the YMCA: to help people reach their full potential in spirit, mind, and body. We teach children to develop and maintain physical fitness, to grow in faith, and to interact with others in a healthy manner. In addition, everyone in our camp exemplifies good character through positive interactions. We define good character as exhibiting a caring, honest, respectful, and responsible attitude.
Through our daily programs, the YMCA creates a positive experience for each child. At our playground programs, children learn to develop a strong rapport with their counselors and their peers. Our programs create enriching experiences that a child will remember for a lifetime.
Financial Assistance is available upon request.
Farming Ridge Park- Registration $120.00 Discount-Full Pay Option for Full Summer Registration
Farming Ridge Park Resident- Weekly Payment Option
Lorane Hollow Park- Registration DISCOUNT $120.00- Full Pay Option for Full Summer Registration
Lorane Hollow Park- Resident- Weekly Payment Option